Sunday, November 25, 2012

Our "Good Bye" to Fr. Joe

A "good-bye" farewell for
Fr. Joe Porpiglia

Come and say "good bye" to
Fr. Joe.
 
Next Sunday,
December 2nd
after the 11:30 AM Mass.
 
Everyone is invited.










 

Here is copy of the letter Fr. Joe wrote to us to announce his new assignment:

To the Parishioners of Saint Benedicts:

It has been my pleasure to be your Pastor for the past six years. With my term about to expire,
I applied for and was appointed by Bishop Malone to be the new Pastor of St. Joseph's Parish in Gowanda and St. Mary's Parish in Cattaraugus, effective December 3, 2012.

My time with the people of St. Benedicts has been a blessing to me. The dedicated service
and commitment people have shown to the faith has been a real inspiration. Please be assured of my
prayers for all of you and please keep me in your prayers during this time of transition.

My last weekend at St. Benedict's will be December 1 & 2. I wish you Godspeed as you continue
to support the parish and Fr. Paul Sabo as you await your new Pastor to be assigned.

May God's Blessings be with all of you for many years.

Fr. Joe Porpiglia