Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ladies of Charity - next generation

My name is April Lucey and I am a parishioner at St. Benedict’s in Amherst. I am a mom, wife, sister, friend, & neighbor….and I work full time. My days consist of changing diapers, meeting with clients and spending time with friends and family (not to mention house cleaning and laundry). It sometimes seems like there isn’t enough time in the day to accomplish everything on my list.

Then I stop and think about those who have no home, no clothing, no shelter and I am reminded of my duty to be an active member of my community. I have made a commitment to spend a few hours a month volunteering. Where? I’ve got lots of choices. I’m asking YOU to make the same commitment!

I am inviting all moms, wives, daughters, sisters, & friends to join me and the Ladies of Charity in developing a new generation of volunteers. The current members have built a solid platform for change. Let’s join together and help them to carry out the mission of inspiring and encouraging each other to help create change in our community. Please contact me if you are interested in joining me and other young women in changing our community. Who knows, you might even make some new friends! lovinkeelin@msn.com or 837-1559

I look forward to meeting you!
*****
for more information on the Ladies of Charity - http://bit.ly/ijDZvi
to share this blog post - http://bit.ly/opDgSh